Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Lazy Chicken (Grilled Chicken in garlic and herb sauce)

















I have recently discovered how a lot of my posts have this one quote from Ak, which is the motivation behind the post. This is almost always- presumably a good thing, because on numerous occasions, inertia could get the better of me. Today’s was; “Just because it was easy for you, does not make it ‘not worthy’ of a post. I wonder, what is it that makes something worthy of talking about it. This makes me rethink of what this blog is intended to do.
As much as today was a downer day- when a post would have been out of question, with me not feeling well, and not having slept for a few days now, I thought I would do something quick for dinner. Since Workwise, the momentum is at a different pace completely, efficiency has taken a completely new meaning and this, like always, would reflect in my cooking. The dish for today was going to be Grilled Chicken accompanied with some veggies- (grilled, because I wanted a try a new multipurpose grill pan, that I had been recently gifted by a thoughtful aunt, who is aware of my love for new technology in cookware!). The Grilled Chicken Breast has been one of my favourite dishes for over 10 years now. There was a time, when I would blindly order the Grilled Chicken Breast, wherever I went. The recipe below was invented on the go, recreating my memories of a mildly flavoured chicken that is not overdone with spices; the recipe is simple, not too fancy, extremely healthy and a meal by itself, if accompanied with bread and a little salad (optional).  Maple is optional (I love the sweetness it adds), and so is wine. I call it lazy, only because it really takes no effort, and is perfect for a lazy winter night.
p.s. I think it looked appetizing enough for Ak to pour some wine to accompany it J


2 Medium Breasts of Chicken
Olive Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic- finely chopped
Parsley (preferably fresh)
2 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
½ Teaspoon Soy Sauce
Salt/Pepper to taste
Some chilli flakes- to taste

Green Onions- Chopped Finely
Carrots- Sliced Finely
Green Beans- Chopped onto 1.5in sticks
Lemon wedges (optional)
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Marinate the chicken with the remaining ingredients (except the vegetables) for minimum 15-20 minutes. In a Grill pan or in the oven, toss the marinated chicken and let it grill. Turn over after 5 minutes and add the vegetables and sprinkle some parmesan cheese. Mix the vegetables well in the marinade. Let it grill for a few more minutes until the chicken turns brown and is cooked. Serve over some salad leaves with a lemon wedge and top with more parmesan. In case, one is using an oven, the time taken would be about 25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment