Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Grilled Sole Fish with vegetables

I am not a Fish person.
Yes, I know it is extremely healthy, rich in many nutrients, and is a leading fad in health cooking- But no, I don’t like fish, its taste, its smell and everything that goes with it. And the irony in my life is – That Ak loves fish. And I know that health wise; I need the fish in my system. Hence, last year, I Had decided to add fish to our intake of food, at least through the winter. I really like an oriental steamed fish recipe, learnt at a Thai cooking class that I used very often, but decided to innovate with the fish this year, in the hope that I will find one that I really love. Also, once I continued to cook with fish over a period of time- I discovered that Sole is a wonderful fish for the not so fishy- people.
Sole Fish, I had discovered last year- is good to cover up for Vitamin D Deficiency. Hence, we had a lot of Steamed Sole last year. I had begun to like the taste, and this year, was looking for some grilled sole recipes. The Italian Cooking Encyclopaedia is really a book I recommend; mostly all recipes tested and adapted from it have ensued wonderful results. Sole is a flat fish, and getting the perfect grilled lemon sole is really an art in fish-cooking. The recipe that I am sharing here is certainly one to try and play around with. It is one that is adapted from a grilled recipe from the book mentioned - but with added flavours and accompaniments that make it a perfect meal, even for those not so fond of fish. Welcome to the world of fish!

6 medium sized fillets of Sole Fish (or any other)
3 Tablespoon Flour
3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
5-6 cloves of garlic- chopped finely
½ cup Zucchini, sliced (optional)
½ cup Babycorn, chopped (optional)
½ cup green beans, chopped (optional)
½ cup spring onion, chopped
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
Thyme

Season the fish with flour, salt and pepper, thyme. Cover and Leave to marinate for a few hours.
Heat the olive oil and add the garlic. Saute for 30 seconds, and grill the fish in the covered pan or an open grill on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Turn sides and grill for another 5 minutes until it turns golden brown. Add the vegetables, a little olive oil, and some salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables.
Serve with toasted bread and vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment